Thursday, June 26, 2014

Troy's Baptism


We baptized Troy (the guy standing next to me ) on June 8th, 2014.  It was super cool.  It is always such an awesome experience to baptize someone.  After we baptized him he was kind of in shock, he didn't know what to do or say.  It was kind of funny because we said make a silly face and his expression was just the same as his serious face.
I was stuck in Richmond for a week waiting for my sick companion to go home.  I didn't really have anything to do so I just hung out at the mission office.  I kept asking President Tilleman for something to do and he said read and rest.  I got to the point I couldn't handle one more day of reading and rest.
I'm finally back in the Salmon Arm this week with a new companion.  His name is Elder Ockey he is from Alberta, Canada.  President told me I will only be here until July 24th which is the next transfer.  I'm kind of sad because I love Salmon Arm so much.  The only good thing about leaving is I think I've knocked on every door in town at least twice, so I'm sure they will be glad I'm leaving.
I went golfing today which was super fun.  I haven't been golfing since last summer when I was still at home.
We found one new investigator this week and she is super excited about the church and the Book of Mormon.  Hopefully she will get baptized before I leave on the 24th.
Well I better run.  I love you all so much.  Have a great week.

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment