Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sister Smith


 
It has been super hot here, over 100 for 3 days in a row now.  We just sweat every where we go, but the people are super nice and give us water.  Transfers are on Monday, July 21st and I'm betting I get transferred.  I really want to go to Victoria Island, but I will be happy where ever they send me.  I get to meet with President Burt (he's our new Mission President) for this first time on Monday.  I'm excited about that.
The skinny guy holding the paper is Brother Poitrie he is the Ward Mission leader.  He's such a funny guy I love him so much.  He really helped us a lot to get Sister Smith ready for baptism. 
Her baptism was on Sunday and it was amazing.  She cried through the entire meeting.  I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.  When we were done and lining up for pictures she pinched my butt which was kind of awkward but super funny.  Sunday night we were at our apartment and she called crying and basically bore her testimony to us.  It was so great, one of the neatest experiences of my life.  She said I love you two Elders more than anything in this world and that this was the best day of her life.  She said I know Joseph Smith is a prophet and that he restored the church on the earth today and that the Holy Ghost is real and guides us. What an amazing experience to have a new member share such a powerful testimony.
I know this church is true!!  I hope everyone is doing well.  I love and miss you all very much.  Have a great week.

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment