Tuesday, December 16, 2014

1 Year

Well I just passed my one year mark.  It's unbelievable how fast this past year has gone and it is fun to reflect back on all the miracles we've seen.  We have also spent a little time decorating for Christmas.  What do you think?


This week was stinking crazy, it has been so cold.  It was -1 this entire week and that was the warmest it ever got.  We were down at the sky train station talking to people and this man said you boys look cold and I said yes we are.  He said that's good it will toughen you boys up. It was funny.
I found out I'm staying in Coquitlam for at least one more transfer.  So I will be here until January 7th which will be good and my companion is staying as well.
We had the miracle family come to church this past week.  They are the ones we called awhile ago and now their whole family is coming to church.  It's crazy!  They have amazing testimonies and they are super smart.  I wish you could see all the people we talk to and go teach everyday.   I think you'd be amazed.
We had Thanksgiving with a family from the ward.  They are from the states and super funny, but their house is kind of disgusting.  We walked in and I went to take my shoes off and the dad says no reason for that you'd just be mopping the floor for us.  They have five cats that live in the house and it is just kind of gross.  Anyway it was super nice of them to have us for Thanksgiving dinner and we loved it.
We found some more people who wanted to talk to us on Thursday, but when we called them the next day they said they weren't interested.  That's kind of how it is trying to open an area that's been closed for a while, nobody is really interested in our message.  Oh well.  I guess that means we just have to pray more and try harder.

I love you all.  Have a great week.

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment