Friday, April 25, 2014

Dave's Goat Walk


We got to see Dave's Goat Walk on our way to Zone training last week.  There is a pen full of goats with a ramp that leads up to an overhead walkway.  At each end of the walkway is a pulley with a tin cup attached to it.  For 25 cents, you can buy corn feed to put in the cup.  The goats are trained to turn a wheel to haul it up so they can eat the feed.  These goats are so well conditioned that they actually follow you across the walkway as you head towards the corn dispenser and start pulling up the cup before you even have a chance to put in the food.  It was cool.
Okanagan which is one of the little towns around Salmon Arm where I'm serving and it is so much like home.  It's weird.  The work is going great.  We found 15 new investigators this past week and we have a baptismal set for May 18th.  My only concern is I might get transferred before the 18th.  Transfers are on May 1st and I'm not sure if I will get transferred or not.  I just can't believe I've been out for almost 5 months.  The time flies by so fast.
Have a great week everyone.  I love you all.

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment