Wednesday, February 19, 2014

New Companion

I got a new companion this past week (on Feb. 13th actually).  I think everyone was a little surprised because you are usually with your first trainer for at least 12 weeks.  I was only with Elder Van Fleet for six.  My new companion is from Vancouver, his name is Elder Hudson and he is 24.  He has epilepsy and has had seizures in the past so they want to keep him close to home.  He knows the scriptures really well and is a hard worker so I am learning a lot.

We have three general authorities coming to our mission the first week of March.  We are all a little nervous but super excited too.  President Tilleman says they want to come see how one of the best missions in the church operates.  I hope that is true.

We have been doing a lot of service lately because no one seems very interested in our message.  We talk to a lot of people but most of them just want to argue about why the church isn't true.  We have found that isn't a very effective way to teach the gospel and everyone just ends up mad.  So we are doing service instead which is good.

One of these weeks I will remember my camera so I can send some more pics.  I hope everyone is doing well.  I love and appreciate all your support!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment