Tuesday, January 14, 2014

General Authorities

Hi Everyone,

We found out last week there are four General Authorities coming to our Mission on March 4th.  We don't know which four yet, but that is super exciting.  President Tilleman hasn't said anything about why they are visiting us.  It should be fun.

Elder Van Fleet and I had a weird experience last week.  This girl came up to us and said do you want to meet my friend and I at Tim Horton's for dinner.  I had the weirdest feeling like we shouldn't go, but Elder Van Fleet said it was fine.  We met them and part way through dinner this guy come in and said can I join the conversation.  It felt so weird and I wanted to leave but didn't say anything.  This guy started yelling at us and quoting from the Bible in Revelations.  Everyone in Tim Horton's was looking and us and I finally told Van Fleet we've got to get out of here.  It was the weirdest experience.

We been working with three investigators.  Thomas is super poor and has nothing, he just smokes all day.  We got him a white shirt and tie and he came to church with us on Sunday.  He smelled so bad, it seemed  like he was smoking in church.  There is another guy named Anthony.  We are not sure why he won't get baptized.  And this couple in their 80's.  They are super funny.  The wife just loves me and is always telling me how cute I am.

The weeks are flying by.  My first transfer is February 6th.  I'm not sure if I will get transferred or not.

I love you all.  Have a great week.

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment